Tuesday, August 19, 2008

~Treasures~


A couple of weeks ago, Larry and I went to pick up a TREASURE that he had found he wanted, a 1946 Farmall Cub tractor. He wants to restore it and use it to mow most of the yard, but first we have to find a belly mower for it, Uncle Roy thinks he may know someone that has one, I hope so... We stopped at several Junk (I mean ANTIQUE) shops along the way, in one of them I found part of a Dazey type churn, the jar was missing. He talked me into getting it hoping to find a jar...
For 2 weeks I have searched the internet every which way I could think of to search it with no LUCK. Now I am thinking I have wasted that money.... Not a happy thought for me...
This past Saturday, we set out on the search again.. The first shop we went into had several 4" jar's but we needed a 5", Stuck in behind some STUFF, I saw part of the top of a jar. When we dug it out, It was a 5"... I got excited, but cautiously, Larry went to get the churn out of the blazer and it was a PERFECT FIT> Now I want to find someone that has a milk cow, because I want to make BUTTER. I love fresh churned butter. So the search is on for a Milk Cow...

No comments: