Tuesday, July 7, 2009

~All Systems GO!!!!!~

As per the Cardiologist, Larry can return to work part time on Monday, July 13th, that will be 7 weeks, 2 days post-op. He is kinda guardedly excited.. He is mentally ready to get back to a schedule, but not sure how he will hold up physically. While we were in the office, Larry had an episode with his blood pressure. It bottomed out and he passed out... SSSCCCAAARRRYYY!!!!! Everyone scrambled,, fanning him, taking his BP, getting him back too and up drinking COKE to get his vessels to constrict and raise his Blood Pressure... So now we have to take his BP prior to meds and only take what is needed at that time. So that will be twice a day, until we get him regulated. Now that he has good blood flow, he may not need as much meds as previously. Just have to play with it for a while.. But we can do that.
We tested him this past weekend. We went to Branson. We had a wonderful time, but he did get really tired. But when he got tired, we rested... We walked in the mall, ate, shopped in the junk stores,... Sat on the benches and watched people.. It was really nice. The weather was not too hot, there was a breeze blowing and lots of people to watch. We even ran into a couple that I knew a long time ago. Our boys were in Story Hour together at the County Library (Pre School age), so that was a LLLOOONNNGGG Time ago, being my oldest just turned "30"... It was good to talk to them again. We were on our way to have dinner and they were on their way to a musical show of some sort. We chatted for 5-10 minutes and then on our ways we went..
We found lots of "Treasures" in the Junk Stores. I found a Teddy Bear cookie jar, Larry found a Brace and bits for it, We found IH Farmall signs that we fell in love with, that will go in the pout house with the tractors. And we found another tractor, it is a 36 Farmall F-20. You can independently lock in the L or R Rear brake and make it do donuts. It is kewl. It does not have a battery, it is hand crank.. Now we just have to find an 8 ft wide trailer to haul it home on. That has not been an easy task. We will have to have a flat bed trailer, and a 1 ton pick up to pull it with, of which we have neither.. What a pickle we are in with this right now. Larry is weighing out some other options, keep in mind he cannot hand crank this nor can he bind it down on a trailer.. Why does he find such things when he is really not able to mess with them. Oh well, this too we will can handle..
Talked to my Uncle Roy yesterday, He is doing well, I asked about the tiny hen he had sitting on all the eggs when we were there a few weeks back. well,,,,, she hatched out "18" babies.. Wow what a family for one mother to take care of. This little hen is so TINY herself, it was all she could do to cover all those eggs, now she has all these babies. Roy says they are so CUTE and some of them are to little, 3 of them I think he said were regular size baby chicks, almost as big at birth as she is... I want to go see them, but not sure when we will have time. Now that Larry is going to work, we will probably spend most weekends resting at least for awhile.. We will see how that goes.
Mom and Dad are headed to the lake for another couple of days. (Thanks for having lunch with us yesterday after the MD appts...), then home on Sat. and back to the lake on Sunday for 3-4 days.. I am so thrilled that they go to the lake as much as they do.. I am just jealous I cannot do that, but hopefully my day will come..

Well I gotta get back to work..
GOD BLESS ALL...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad for Larry but tell him to REST when needed. Not when Really Needed. He sounds like he is doing fantastic. The worse thing I faced was stress. I tried to avoid it.

One thing Larry must do is rest when his body says rest. That has kept me going for a long time, But my time is about up, (pain wise).
I have LOTS of Angina lately. Way too much. Next stop ER or my doctors office. Why do we wait? I told David I would be better after rest and do feel better this morning. So keep prayer lines open.

Nana said...

I will definitely do that.. He does rest but not as much as "I" think he needs to.. Keep me posted on you... He is really doing GREAT!!! Too Great I think.. But glad he is doing well. Love to ya.