Thursday, December 10, 2009

~Stocking Stuffin~


I finished crocheting all the stockings (small about 4") for the kids school classes.. So, on Tuesday nite, I had 6 of them over to the house for a stocking stuffin party.. Kiefer is not having a Party, but he wanted to come over any way and I was glad to have him. He does not come often, because it is ALL GIRLS!!!!! He is unfortunately the only boy around now.. James's boys are all in Texarkana and so there is just girls.. Kinda strange after all those years of JUST BOYS!!!!! He is almost a teenager and does not want to hang out with girl COUSINS!!!!! I don't think he is quite into liking girls just yet... Not sure on that, but he tells me he does not have nor want a girlfriend.. Bruce told him to stay away from them, they just cost you MONEY!!!!!!!


Any way, we all got in a circle to stuff the stockins.. I think there were 159 of them, we put candy canes and a couple other pieces of Candy in them, place them in a ziploc and put a Merry Christmas From: sticker on each one. I make them with a loop so the child can hang the stocking on their own tree when they get home.. Wonder how many I have made over the years?? I did this for my boys all through their school party years... Now, my grand daughters and nieces and used to for my nephews, all the boys have gotten out of the party thing, except Justin and he is home schooled, so he will not need any this year.. I enjoy doing this with them.. It is crazy trying to get everything together for it and get everyone in their places, but after we get going, it goes fairly smoothly.. So now, they are all stuffed and taken to School for their Party on the 18th.. I even had a few left over, so I have a jump on next years. Wonder how many will be needed then. Normally Middle School does not have parties, but Cember's homeroom voted to have a small one so I did for her. If Gabby, Maranda and Briauna's class does not have one next year, I will just have lil bit to make for and I probably have enough from this year to do hers. What will I do with all that time??? I am sure I will find something to do... I think I have finished up all my little Christmas gifts I make every year and it is still 2 weeks till Christmas. How did I manage to do that. I am usually working up to the last minute on those.


Oh well, I guess since I found out my Lil Bit is getting a new BIG GIRL bed for Christmas, I have time to at least get her a quilt top done for it. Mom and I have made all the Grand and Great Grands a quilt for Christmas from Mamaw & Papaw.. We did Kelsey's for her Toddler bed, now she is getting a full size bed and her room is being changed from Back Yardigans, to Tinker Bell. I am doing new curtains and I guess I will have time to do her quilt, at least the top and then get it quilted and finished after Christmas. Or maybe I will save that for her Birthday in January.. Hard to believe she will be "4"... Decisions, decisions, decisions.... Ain't if fun being a Grown Up??? sometimes "NOT"

No comments: