Sunday, July 18, 2010

~Only 47 Days~

This is Mendenhall Glacier...
Got an e-mail from Royal Caribbean today. Our travel documents are ready for printing. I did not realize it was only 47 days, I was counting weeks, 7 weeks from last Friday. Mom dad and I fly out on Sept. 1st.. Then Larry will follow on the 2nd. then we board the ship on the 3rd and head for Alaska... I cannot wait. I am a little anxious about this trip. There are some things that Larry and I have not seen and some that we have. But to see mom and dad's reaction to it all will be (I Hope) AMAZING... Larry and I LOVE to cruise, this will be mom and dad's first and hopefully not their last... We have picked out some shore excursions we think they will enjoy and we have enjoyed them on past trips.. One is Whale Watching, those creatures are AMAZING.. We LOVE to watch them... We have seen them double breech (2 at once), we have seen a mom playing with her calf and a calf playing with a Sea Lion.. They are so HUGE and yet so graceful... I hope we get to see alot of them.. Then we are looking at one for some glaciers, those are just gorgeous. The first time we went on the Alaskan, was the first anniversary of 9/11. We were at Hubbard Glacier that day and at noon, the captain called for a moment of silence, then they played the Star Spangled Banner and America the Beautiful. as the last note ended, a huge piece of ice fell into the ocean, now who was the orchestrator of that event??? You got it God Almighty... You could have heard a pin drop anywhere on that ship at that instant.. We will NEVER forget that day... Then at another port there is a train ride up to the yukon we want to take.. I just want so bad for them to have a good time, and I want my husbands Favorite Aunt and Uncle to join us... We had a WONDERFUL trip last year and I want this one to be equally as WONDERFUL as last years... We will also be cruising Tracy Arm Fjord and Sawyer Glacier and then visit Victoria British Columbia, these are places Larry and I have not see before and to experience them with my parents and hopefully my Aunt and Uncle will just be THE BEST!!!!!!!!! So we are on the COUNT DOWN to our New Adventure, but prior to that we still have another tractor show and Lawn mower races to attend.. that will be coming up on August 14th...

But for now, I am off here to get my stuff ready for work tomorrow... It has been a lazy weekend. Larry and I almost finished up 2 more tractor seat bar stools yesterday. Mom found a bargain on some Fun fur yarn for me. I love it, can't wait to decide what I am making with some of it and get started...


For now. God Night and May God Bless and Keep each one of you....

No comments: