Friday, February 13, 2009

~You Nana~

Yesterday I picked up Kelsey at DayCare and took her home to change her clothes for Gymnastics. Rocky had not left for work yet, so she got to see him. After I got her undressed I sent her to Potty before we put her gym suit on. I went to check on her and Rocky came in there to tell her bye. As he was leaving he said, "bye mom, thanks for taking Kelsey" After he left Kelsey looked at me and said, "you not mom, you nana". So I tried to explain I am your Nana, but I am your Dad's Mom, again, "you not mom, mom at Sonic". Don't guess she is quite old enough to understand all that yet, But the look of puzzlement on her face was just priceless. Wish I had had a camera.

THen off to Gymnastics. She is doing really well, She loves it.. They had her hanging on a bar and putting her feet on it between her hands and swinging. She loved it, but my heart was in my throat for fear of her falling, (of course her coach was right there and there were soft mats under her, but still, she is ONLY 3... Deanna met us there when she got off work at 5:00.. Kelsey in her "Jumpin Suit"

I am so glad this is the last day of work this week and Monday is a Holiday, then no more holidays until Memorial Day in May. I hate that long stretch, but I am thankful we get as many holidays as we do working for the state. I still have my birthday I can take as a floating holiday. Then, I have 7 1/2 weeks of vacation and sick leave I have saved. Never know when I will mess up my neck completely and have to have surgery again (I have avoided it now for 3 1/2 years). So I need to save as much as I can so I don't miss a paycheck. Heaven knows we all need everyone of those we can get and then some... I am going to Mom's when Larry leaves on Monday and we are going to quilt all day or at least most of it. Yesterday mom took Cember and Gabby's quilts to the quilter. This is Gab's quilt top. I can't wait to get them back..

This weekend, Larry and I are going to work on the yard and try to play with the blocks out front and decide how we want to do that.. Then I have some Mimosa trees I want to move, now seems like the time to do that.. The weather is supposed to be good, and the temp in the mid to upper 50's. that will be good.. Bruce is back to work and is working 7 days a week and 12 hours a day, so I do not see him much. He will be at Redfield (about 30 miles from home) for about 4 weeks, then he and Buck will go to Batesville (about 2 1/2 hours from home, they will take a camper and stay up there) for about 4-6 weeks, then back to Redfield, Then I am not sure from there. I think they will have about a week between each of these jobs, not sure.

Well gotta go and get some more cleaning done, We are having Spring Cleaning at work. I have sent so much to be shred out of this office it is not even funny. We are having 3 more offices constructed (permanent walls) where we had cubes. We are moving our payroll dept. back down on this floor with the rest of us and get rid of that lease every month. So I am having to clear out some storage cubes to be able to put people in them.

So until next time, God Bless and Keep You ALL!!!

No comments: