Thursday, February 26, 2009

~lots of catching up~




The last couple of weeks have really been crazy.. Larry and I finished my tractor and I drove it this past Sunday... It really will scoot. I loved it.



Here is the before and the after... quite a difference... We have new neighbors, just moved in 3 weeks ago. They are really young, just married 10 months, when they came over to introduce themselves, she wanted to know "Does it run", (we were outside in the pout house working on it). I drove it for quite awhile on Sunday, thinking they would get back home and she could see it run, but they came in about 20 minutes after I put it up, it was really getting cold out there. Maybe this weekend she can see it. I know we should have gone over and welcomed them and introduced ourselves, but they had alot of company and they were busy unloading and we did not want to intrude. I was planning to bake something and take over later in the week, no I still have not gotten that done, It is supposed to rain here most all day Saturday, sounds like a good day for baking to me..


I have managed to finish Kelsey's quilt top and do another one out of the Blues and purples in Cember and Gabby's, boy did that turn out pretty. This and Kelsey's is more a lapquilt size, Since Kelsey is only 28 lbs, she would get lost in even a twin size. Then last Saturday, the weather was yucky and I really got bored so I cleaned out the sewing machine drawer, I found a jumpsuit I had cut out many many many years ago, along with the fabric for a blouse to go with it, decided I was apparently not going to sew it up and if I did, I was not going to wear it, so I cut it and the blouse fabric into squares and I am doing a 9 patch quilt top out of it. I will probably finish that one this weekend as well.

If the weather is just semi-yucky on Saturday, I think Larry and I are going junk shopping. We have gotten to where we like to just go dig and look in old flea market type stores, you never know what you will find.. That is where I found a churn and then a jar for it.. Then my SIL does victorian style lamp shades, so we are always finding odd shaped lampshades/frames that she can use for those that we get for a dollar or two for her. Who knows what we may decide to do. Buck and Bruce are getting ready to go to Batesville (about 2 1/2 hours from home) to work for about 6 weeks. They are taking a camper, to save on the living expenses while they are there. Mandy and the girls will go up just about every weekend to clean the camper and do laundry for them. They work 7 12 hour days when they are on these power plant shut down maintenance jobs. They may have 1 or 2 days between jobs. They are currently at White Bluff (30 minutes from home), Bruce is working in the coal yard, so every nite (8 PM) when he gets home, he practically strips outside to keep from tracking the coal dust through the house. That saves alot. He comes home and all you can see on his face is his lips and his eyeballs. Picture the look on Kelsey's face when he came in last nite and spoke to her, she did not know who he was and it upset him because she was scared of him. She knew he sounded like uncle Boo, but he sure did not look like him.

Well gotta go, close out the month at work and get home. Will update more later.

LOVE and GODS BLESSING to ALL!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you put those photos on your blog, I can open the blog but to download takes forever. Dial up still.
The tractor looks beautiful.
I knew you would love quilting when you got to sewing. You were always an craftsperson.

Nana said...

Thanks, We really had alot of fun doing those tractors. Quilting is fun, but since I have done the girls, they have changed their minds as to what colors is their favorite, of course, they do not know I have done them for them. So they will probably end up with another one.
Oh well, I love doing things for them. I know what you mean about dial up. it is really slow, our network here at work is even faster than DSL at home.
Love ya
Nan