Monday, August 3, 2009

~21 YEARS AGO~

It was 21 years ago today, that Larry and I had our first date. We went to dinner at Steak and Ale. I remember it so well. I was too nervous to eat much, but after 21 years that is not a problem any longer. We talked as if we had known each other for ever. I met him while working as a check out clerk at the local grocery store. He came in every Friday and bought 6 or 8 Ribeye Steaks. We talked and joked with each other, he made it a point to always come through my line. I asked him one time, when he was going to cook one of those for me?? His response: When ever you want me to... This went on for about a year, then I left the store and we did not see each other for a few months. Then one morning I seen him at the Post Office, He asked where I had gone and I told him I was working in LR for the State.
One morning I was waiting on the girl I was riding with to get to the meeting point and I got a glimpse of a vehicle coming at me on the Drivers side, I looked up and it was him, he had pulled up to where his front grill was almost touching my car. I bout panicked.. Tina got there and we left, without saying a word to each other. Then we began to see each other there nearly every day. Sometimes we talked sometimes just waved. This went on for a couple of months, then the lady that worked in the station told me he wanted my phone number. I would not give it to him at that time. I just was not sure I wanted to date..
In early July, I began to call him, but secretly hoped he would not answer and was scared that a woman might answer, I did not know if he was in a relationship or not, neither did the lady at the station, she had never seen him with a woman, but did not know for sure. Then on August 2nd, I called him and actually talked to him. We talked for over 3 hours and he asked me out for the next night and I said OK.. It that is how it all began. But we did not get married until Dec. 27, 1995. He has been the most caring, considerate, loving man I have ever known. He spoils me rotten.. I am so blessed to have him in my life, as you all know, I came so very close to loosing him just 10 weeks ago, but by the Grace of God, he is still with me and continues to spoil me.
The day after our first date, My house (the one that Mike and I lived in) went up on PUblic Auction. Larry sent me flowers.. and they continue to come still today...

I LOVE YOU BABE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While working I was often teased about buying a new nightie, (I got flowers). It was so nice to see a bouquet coming in. I always called to say, I LOVE YOU.
Funny I have been thinking of you and Larry all day, I wondered how he was doing back at work now? Long tiring days, I bet.