Thursday, August 20, 2009

~Leaving on a Jet Plane~

Well, we are about to do something new.... Mom, dad, Larry and I are going on a trip together... We are sending mom and dad to CA on Sept. 26th, then Larry and I are flying out on Oct. 2nd. Larry can only take one week at a time and mom and dad (Being RETIRED) can stay longer. Since we have family there, they can visit with them till we get there. We will pick them up and we are going to the Redwoods. Larry has never seen them and I haven't in at least 37 years(that's how long I have been back in AR).. I would also like to go to Agate Beach. I remember looking for Agates there (in fact I still have 2 I found there) when we were in that area for a Church Choir concert. Remember those lavender dresses... I am excited about it. I want to show Larry some of the places that I lived out there and then I want to see this new "GLASS" bridge they have built in Redding. I want to visit Shasta Dam, Mt. Lassen and a few other places. We will get to visit with Aunt Sue and Uncle David, (can't say Larry will get to meet them, because he did that in June right after his heart surgery) Hopefully get to see Robert, Mike, Ken and their families. Not sure about that, but I would love to.. I have requested visitor information on the Redwoods and when we get that, we will sit down and go through it and kinda decide what all we really want to see and do while we are there. We will all fly back home together on Oct. 11th. It will be a GREAT TRIP.... I just bought a new digital camera, I have an extra memory card for it and an extra battery. So I think I am set there. I take ALOT of pics. It is nothing for me to take over 1500 pics on a weeks vacation.. I will post more as plans come together. CAN'T WAIT. This is our first vacation since we started building our home.. AND our FIRST EVER with mom and dad.... We have taken short day trips with them and have had a large time, but this time will be even better....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Nan I would not attempt Agate Beach. That is quite a trek down, Remember? Or do I remember correctly? Maybe it was difficult because I had a baby in my arms.
We are so anxious for you all to get here. I am going to prepare the office for you adn Larry, if you stay elsewhere that is fine too. Just come, relax, enjoy and we will go to Lassen with you, that is my favorite place to visit, And it is off season so not a lot of people, mabye a few bears.

Nana said...

I think we are going to spend the nite in Sacramento on Friday nite and drive into Redding on Saturday morning. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will have more definite plans.. Can't wait...

Kristina said...

Let us know if you do plan on staying in Sac that Friday night. If ya do i bet I can get alll us local family together to meet up. Us robert gina mike sheryl and maybe their kids.