Monday, November 16, 2009

~Veteran's Day Quilting Bee~

Last Wednesday was Veterans Day, I have personal Veterans. My Dad and My middle Son. They both went to the Intermediate School to participate in the Program there. The girls were so excited.. Dad and Rocky got to have lunch with them (not sure they were all excited about the lunch) but I am sure they were excited to be with the girls.. Gabby still talks about it. Thanks guys for making their day...

Mom, Jeanette and I got together for a day of quilting (Aunt Jeanette did not get to spend the day, but she did come for lunch). Mom and I pieced 4 twin quilt tops (not difficult ones), we used the wildlife blocks and put them together with other prints and solids. Now we only have a couple more to do.. That will happen soon. I almost have one of them completed.. For me, it was an awesome day.. I am going to try to do that again real soon. We had 2 machines set up and both of them going.

For lunch, mom made Chicken and dumplins and a chicken noodle soup made with stir fry veggies. They were both really good. I took the left over chicken and dumplins home for Bruce's supper, he was REALLY Excited. He LOVES his mamaw's dumplins.. Thanks mom for sharing with him.

Thursday morning early they were on their way to be quilted... Can't wait to see them finished..

I will post pics when they are all finished... Gonna be fun doing that...

Well, better get on with some actual work... Love to ALL!!!!!!

No comments: