Monday, January 18, 2010

~HATS HATS & MORE HATS~


Every year AR Children's Hospital has a "Knittin for Noggin's" campaign. I try to donate as many as I can each year, this hospital is so very dear to me. I had a niece that spent alot of time there with Cystic Fibrosis and they did so much good for her, then my niece was taken there just a week after she was born, prematurely for a blood transfusion and they did so much good for her, then my grand daughter was there for surgery at 6 weeks old and she too was taken very good care of, then my daughter in laws brother was in there after a bad car accident, 1 of my cousins was in there for burn treatments after an accident, I had an aunt that was in the burn unit after a can exploded in a burn pile. This hospital does SO MUCH good for so many families. So you see this hospital holds a very dear place in my heart... This year I have 125 that I am taking there this week.. I love to crochet, NO i do not knit... I use yarn that I find on sale through out the year, or some I have left from other projects or some that is given to me. I have made all sizes from Premmie to adult.. All colors.. It is fun to do this.. Last year I had 7 in there that were red/white santa style. I was told later by a nurse that I know that works there, they sent 7 premies home for Christmas wearing those hats.. When you turn these in, you leave no identifying marks with them as to who made them. I had told her I turned those in and she told me they were all used on Christmas Eve. That warms my heart to be able to make a child smile with something as simple as these.. I have already started a bag for next year... So if you know of someone that is looking for something to do with some yarn they have laying around, this is a very worth while thing to do with it. or send it to me and I will do some with it. Larry and I found 3 baskets of yarn at a junk shop and I am still trying to get the lady to give me a DEAL on it to be used for these. She wants a new price for it and some of it has been used, if I am going to do that, I am going to buy it at Walmart and pick out the colors I want.. Well gotta go for now. Tomorrow is a work day,,,
Wait,,, gotta tell you about my day.. The boys decided they were not working on the shop today, because Rocky had a HOG in his trap and needed some assistance in cleaning and cutting it up.. So they went to help him, I am fine with that.. It does me so much GOOD to see them doing things together.. So I called mom and asked her if she wanted to go running around. So we went to Benton/Bryant to Kohl's, Dollar Tree, Walmart, and Penney's. We found several bargains, I got Kelsey 5 pair of jeans for $5 each at Penneys, they were all embroidered differently... I also got me a couple of tops, then we got dad some jeans and shirts... Then we ended the afternoon with dinner. It was a WONDERFUL DAY. Thanks mom for spending it with ME!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!!! Now can't wait to go to Batesville.. Sorry that did not work out for today, but you and Jeanette needed to feel better...
NOw I gotta go and make another hat or two....
Nite everyone...

4 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

Wow, you have so many! What an amazing thing...Blessings Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hey Nan, I can use the pattern for the hats. tried to find one last winter to whip a couple up but could had no luck in anything I wanted.
What a wonderful gift to share.

Louellen & Coy said...

I loved our day together it was wonderful. We will have to do that more often.
I love what you do for everyone and the hats are amazing. You are so talented and has taught me a lot, you taught me to crochet and I need to get back to it. So many projects I want to get done. But I have accomplished a lot this past year with your help, THANKS AND I LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

Wow Nancy! That is so great!