Saturday, November 29, 2008

~Busy Busy Busy~

It's the time of year that everyone is busy, busy, busy. That includes me. I have waited, as usual, till the last minute to do some of my gifts that I do every year.. The girls that work in the main office of the company that Larry works for in Charlotte, NC. Always get an afghan or some crocheted item for Christmas. I found out about 3 weeks ago what color one of the girls wants. She always comes up with some strange color that is hard to find. This year it is AUBERGINE (kinda eggplant color) I found it on the internet, so you have to wait for it to come in. I finally got it last week, only to realize there is not enough to do the afghan. Then I was off to find something to go with it, Finally decided on Black, so then I had to order it. I now have it and can finish this project. Larry will be going to Charlotte on the 10th for their annual sales meeting. He will take them with him and deliver then personally. He has worked for this company for almost 11 years and I have done something for them each year. They do so much for him all year in keeping all his travel reservations made, that I feel we owe them something. they are always so excited to see what I have come up each year for them. Year before last I sent them Santa Hats with jingle bells crocheted into the fuzzy ball on the hat. One of them has driven the big boss crazy with hers, He is a Scrooge, as Larry is, but I don't let that stop me..
I will begin wearing my santa hat to work on Monday, I start the first of December and will wear it every day until Christmas. That is if I can find it, I just thought, I do not remember seeing it since we have moved. I will have to set out to find it this afternoon.
OK Curiosity got the best of me. I had to stop and go find the santa hat. I FOUND It, It was still in a box in the pout house, I have it now and ready for work on Monday... I will get someone to take a pic of me in it and I will post it on here.

We are having our Thanksgiving dinner at mom and dad's tomorrow. Our family has gotten so big and so many places to go and some have to work even on holidays, that we decided to have it on Sunday, when most of us can be there, I think Shawn (James's oldest) has to work until 5, and Buck is in Georgia, but he will be there in thoughts.
I have made 2 pecan pies this morning. I am doing an apple cinnamon cake with caramel sauce and a sweet potato casserole for lunch tomorrow. Not sure what else I may come up with to fix, but it is sure we will have plenty of food. We always do..

Well gotta go and get some more cooking done.. More Later..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a fun day tomorrow. Our Santa hat disappeared. Madi was looking everywhere for it today. I don't have a clue where it is. We DO however have my Mom's Elf hat, how on earth that got to Oklahoma is beyond me.