Tuesday, November 18, 2008

~I WON I WON~

We had our Thanksgiving Potluck at work yesterday. Each department brings a group of items, Home Health brought veggies and side dishes, Personal Care brought Desserts, Administration did the meats, etc.. Then we always have a dessert contest for whoever wants to enter. I made a Pumpkin Spice Cake with Raisins and Nuts, then topped it with Cream cheese frosting. There were 10 desserts in the contest and I won it... I was shocked, one girl (my BFF) made a Pumpkin Turtle Pie. It was AWESOME!!!! She is bringing the recipe to me, I will share when I get it.. After I tasted her's I did not think I had a chance. But I WON!!!!!!! Sorry I did not get a pic before I took it to work. Maybe next time I will remember.

Oh, I forgot the prize, It was the Food Network Favorites Cookbook and a Betty Crocker Grilling Cookbook. I love them. I have been thinking about ordering the Food Network one, It is well worth it from what I could see just skimming through it yesterday. Maybe after the Holiday Rush, I can sit down and really look through it and pick out some great sounding stuff. Too busy right now, maybe in a few weeks I will get a chance.

Later all,,,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well put that recipe on line. I will make it and leave out the raisins.
DAvid hates raisins, I love them.

Anonymous said...

I must admit the pumpkin turtle pie got my attention, I don't like Raisins (sorry, got THAT from my Dad! LOL)

Happy Thanksgiving!