Monday, November 10, 2008

~One Toy Complete~



The 1947 FarmAll Cub is complete. We finished it on Saturday. I think it turned out really good. We are very proud of it. I have come to the conclusion, that together there is nothing that Larry and I cannot do. We have rebuilt 2 campers, the lakehouse (alot of that was done by Buck & Bruce, but we also did alot), now the tractors.. We printed out both of these pictures and have them framed and hanging on the wall in the Pout House.
We moved this one against the back wall and have moved the 1960 model one in there to start on it. We are going to do the same thing to that one that we have done to this one. I can't wait to see it. The 1960 has a belly mower on it that we are also going to redo. This one has cultivator, turning plow and blade for it. We are not going to redo those, no sense in it. Once we are through with these, his BIL has an old John Deere Cultivator that we are going to restore, just for looks, not to be used, We will have to locate a single tree or maybe a double tree for it, not sure which.
I told Larry, I need to take a break I have something else that needs to be completed.. So I am working on Christmas stuff for a couple of weeks. Then it is back to tractor. We have all winter to finish them. I hope to put them in the fair parade next fall, maybe get Kiefer to drive one and put the girls in overalls and pig tails in a wagon behind it. Not sure if he can settle down and drive responsibly enough for that, we will see.. I will have to walk beside, just to make sure Kelsey does not climb out. I may drive the other one and put her on there with me, just to make sure she stays put.. I think it will be neat. Wish Larry would drive one and me drive the other, but there is no way he will do that. Oh well..
Well, gotta go and get some work done. I am off tomorrow though and I am going to spend the entire day working on my Christmas Stuff... I think I will be the only one home.. The whole house to myself, at least most of the day.. Bruce will be in around 5. I don't even have to get dressed, unless Pam needs me for something. I will check on her several times during the day, as I do every day. Not complaining about it, she is my sister and I will do what I can to help her recouperate from this surgery as long as she does not get crazy...
Mom and Dad, Hope you are having a WONDERFUL TIME.... Miss you.... LOVE YOU!!!!! DON'T HURRY HOME!!!!!!!

No comments: