Wednesday, January 28, 2009

~Birds and Quilts and Lazy Days~

Sunday, as I was sewing Larry called me to come look at something out side, Our yard was covered in hundreds of these birds, they were shaped kinda like a quail, but not the right color. Their chests were a vibrant yellow with a black "v". I looked them up on the internet and they are a Western MeadowLark. They were so pretty and so many of them. I told him that was probably a sign of weather to come. and Monday afternoon it started. So when I got in from work, Larry and I went out to the storage
building to dig out some yarn, in case the roads were really bad and I could not go to work on Tuesday, Well, not thinking, I started down the steps and down I went, not on my feet, and then Larry tried to help me and he went down right behind me, kicking me in the back with his boot. Boy did that hurt. We were both concerned about my neck, luckily it has not hurt me at all, but have a huge bruise on my back and my back side. I can hardly sit down, I have to sit to one cheek or the other, I think I cracked my tailbone, and no need to go to the doc, since they cannot do anything for that anyway. I will be OK. So I was not going to work on Tuesday even if the weather did permit, which it did not anyway. So I was home all day.
Then today, we were on inclement weather schedule, so we did not have to be there until 10. SO I left here about 8:30 and stopped to top off the gas tank, just for the extra weight. There I was told there was a fatality accident at Ico and the road would be closed until about 11 for clean up. An 18 year old girl lost her life, there was black ice on the bridge, the same bridge I slid on a couple of week ago. So I went back home and decided it was not worth it again today. Besides, it hurt really bad to sit..

I did get some yarn out Monday evening, but did not touch it yesterday, but I have been working on caps this morning. I almost have a garbage bag full to be sent to AR Children's Hospital for their KNittin for Noggins program. I try to contribute to that each year. Last year I had a little over 200 caps to donate.. I have not counted this years.
I decided this year I was going to make each of the girls a quilt for Christmas. I have Cember's top finished. Mom is going to take it to her quilter the next time she goes down there, no hurry. I asked them what were their 2 favorite colors, Cember said Pink and purple, well I found what I think is some really pretty fabric and did hers. Gabby said Pink and Blue, I have enough of the pink left from Cember's to do Gabby's if I can find some Blue like it. Kelsey, just said Blue, Not sure what I will do on her's. Here is a pic of Cem's. I made a full size to be used as a spread. I think it turned out really pretty. I love bright colored quilts.. If only I had the fabric for the others I could get them done as well. I may get energetic enough to make the boys and Mandy and Deanna one as well. We will have to see about that.. I couple of years ago I did Buck and Mandy one with Dale Earnheart Cheater Blocks. They are Big Nascar fans and he was their driver. It turned out really pretty. Just forgot to get a pic of it before I gave it to them. I will have to get them to take one for me. Well, my backside is hurting so I have got to get out of this chair for a bit.
Hope you all are safe and warm...
God Bless and Keep each one of you.
Love Ya
Nan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nan if I were you I would prime the gas tank. Oil and gas can stop paint from sticking. A nice gray primer is always good. I did that to some old shovels I have here, would you belive at least 10 shovel heads? Found most of them while we were cleaning the place up.
As far as frogs, A Cat is my answer and I dont like them either but they do keep the bugs away.