Monday, January 12, 2009

~My Birthday~

Well, I am almost at the "50" mark, Not quite, but close.. Here is what my kids got me for my birthday...

This is a blanket 30" x 60" with a picture of the 3 of my girls and the fall arrangement we had just put together on my front porch. I absolutely LOVE IT!! I have never seen anything like that. I have it hanging on my wall in my office for right now, until everyone gets a chance to see it, Then it is coming to my house. IT is so soft and so warm. It is just AWESOME!

Now what is going on here, Not much. I spent most of Friday nite and Saturday nursing a sick headache (From my neck I am sure). Late Saturday it got alot better, Then Sunday, It was gone, Thank the Good Lord. I had done so well for the last couple of weeks, no headache and no burning pain from my head down to the middle of my back. Then Saturday it flared, but Sunday it was gone again, and has not been back. Larry asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, He would take me to eat or go where ever I wanted to go, Guess what I wanted to do?? You got it, We sanded and primed on MY tractor. I cannot wait to get it finished. We only like 9 more parts being ready to put it back together. Don't get me wrong, I love to go out to dinner with him, but I really want to get this finished and move on to other things, It is getting close to Spring and we have more landscaping to do, I want the tractor finished so I can use it. Then, too, I am trying to get that credit card paid off and I can't do that if we keep using it. But since we moved, I really like to just stay home and do things around here. After we got through with what we could get done yesterday, we came in and I took a shower to get all the rust dust and paint off me, then I put on my warm jammies and sat on the couch working on hats for Children's Hospital under the Down blanket mom and dad got us for Christmas, I love that thing, It is so warm... I keep it on the couch to cover up with, I am the most cold natured person you could ever know. I always have a blanket handy. Even in the summer time, I have a blanket over me on the couch.

I am thinking it is going to be a lake house weekend with the girls. Not sure yet, Buck is going up tomorrow to make sure we have no busted pipes and to leave the faucets open, so they do not freeze in these next few nights fridged temps, One night it is supposed to get down to 16, that is COLD.. This is a long weekend for me and for them. They are out of school on Monday and that would be a good time to go to Build a Bear and let them build my bear.. I may have to work on Monday, since the legislature is in session. Not sure, Hopefully will know by Wednesday. Sometimes we have to have a skeleton crew there and since I am the only one in Purchasing, I usually have to be there. Oh well.. May have to do the Build a Bear on Sunday afternoon before coming home. We will see..

OH, I almost forgot, The builder finally got the electrician over here to wire up the door bell at the back door, normally they do not do that, but we requested it (did not realize it was not wired in until after we moved in), since everyone that knows us comes to the back door (closest one to the driveway), and with it being in the Laundry room and that door stays shut, we cannot hear them knock.. So now I have a doorbell there and the first one to use it was the Fed Ex guy..

Well for now I will sign off, Got Laundry to get folded and another load to get in the washer. Good Nite all and May God Richly Bless YOU!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't those blankets neat!! I've never seen one in real life but we saw some on the internet.

Hope you have a great birthday.

Oh, and congratulations on the doorbell! LOL People around here won't USE our doorbell so they always have to knock several times before we notice someone is there.

Anonymous said...

Nan I learned how to deal with those headaches. It has been a long 14 years, I take Acetmophin and a muscle relaxer, I put a black mask on and lie down, I tune out everything around me, EVERYTHING. Most of the time it works. Some not so well, but I can function. It has been a long haul but there were days when I had such headaches that burned down to my back, I would throw up. It will get better, with body adjustments. (your body adjust to pain).
I will think of you in your battle. Yes I take muscle relaxers every day and I rest when needed. When I left work it was difficult, both financially and emotionally, but the best decision I ever made. It was a year adjustment time.