Wednesday, September 17, 2008

~Blankets Finished~

Sheri, these are for you...

I have finished the last of the blankets for the Race for the Cure Raffle. I was told today, they have already sold 500 tickets. That is great and we still have 3 weeks to go..

This is the first of the 2 I did. It is solid pink, worked in double crochet, except skipping every other stitch to make the ribbon shape open.



This one is worked in brown single crochet, changing to pink to form the ribbon pattern in it. These were done for one of our nurses for their fund raiser for Race for the Cure.
This nurse remembered me saying I had made Rocky a flag before he went to Iraq. She was a very strong support for me while he was over there. So this is the very least I could do for her. I will let you know what the final dollar figure is for these 2 blankets.

Until next time. Good nite all. I have 3 little girls to get to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are Beautfiul. What a lot of work, and for a Wonderful cause. Nancy just to fill you in, You know your grandma Mc had breast cancer, now Retha has it, so BE SURE to have your mammograms.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful Nancy! Thanks for sharing. I can't knit or crochet, the joke here is that I can knit the worlds largest triangle. (Starts out as a square,always winds up as a triangle LOL)

Nana said...

thanks for the compliments. I enjoy doing this, and as you said, it is for a GOOD CAUSE. I did not know grandma had breast cancer, I will add that to my medical history. I have my mammogram religiously every year, in fact I have one in 2 weeks...

Aunt Sue, do you crochet any more?? I remember you used to a little.