Saturday, September 13, 2008

~Open House~

I hosted an Open House on Thursday nite, after Water Aerobics. Everyone had been wanting to come see the house, so we came after class on Thursday nite. There were 10 that came. I explained to them I am not through with the inside yet, we have put very little on the walls (just cannot bring myself to put all them holes in the walls). Still trying to decide where I want what put. I think I have decided which wall to put all the family pics on. May start that this weekend. It is raining outside here and is supposed to do this for the next 5 days or so (thanks Hurricane IKE). So, we cannot work on the tractor, can't sand, because we cannot prime the pieces. So I guess it will be an inside work weekend.

Back to the house, everyone kept saying how pretty the house is and how much they love it. We really love it here, I was a bit anxious when we decided to do this, because there is no neighbors and I will be here by myself at nite quite a bit and the garage is not directly attached to the house (I have to walk across the breezeway to get into the house). But I have done very well with that. It does not bother me like I thought it would. I love being able to see the deer, the hummingbirds and other wild life in the back yard (still have not seen a squirrel). Oh, by the way, The piggy is gone.. Bruce caught him rooting in the edge of the yard on Monday nite and his 7mm rifle took care of him. He is doing a European mount of the head. I will post pics when it is finished. Last nite he informed me there are new piggy tracks out there. I had hoped we would get here Thursday nite in time to maybe see the deer in the back, but it was 8ish when we got here and it was too dark. Oh well, maybe next time. I had baked that day (Kelsey helped), so we had Chocolate Chip Amish Bread, Pumpkin Bread and Cinnamon rolls for a treat. Everyone took home a doggie bag for breakfast the next morning. I really enjoyed having everyone over. Larry was in Miss. and Bruce was coon hunting, so it was just us girls. We talked about a book someone was reading, "A Night with the King" about Esther. I found the DVD of it online yesterday. I told mom I am going to order it and us girls will have to get together and watch it. It sounds like a really good story. I will let you know when we watch it.

Well, I guess I better get my day started. I have already emptied the dish washer and folded a load of towels. Now I am going to get dressed and decide where I am going to put what pictures on this well. I have the boys collage of all their school pics I am going to put in the center, then I am going to put all 3 of the girls birth announcements up there and then I think I am going to print some more current pics to put up there and not put the older ones, maybe a few of the special ones (not that they are not all special, they are, but you know what I mean). I wish I could put up every picture I ever took of them, but there is not enough room... I also have to go to WalMart to get one more skein of yarn to finish the Race for the Cure blanket for our nurse, only like 3 rows and the trim. I will post pics of that when it is finished, then off in the mail to her. I am anxious to see how much they raise on these 2 blankets. She put the first one in their booth they did at the fair for Breast Cancer awareness. She said it was a really big hit, every one loved the blanket. I can't wait to see what they think about this one. I like it a whole lot better than the first. I will post pics of both of them when I finish this one.

So until next time.. So long..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day Nancy! The movie sounds really good. We are anxious to see the new movie Fireproof coming out (by the makers of Facing the Giants).