Wednesday, September 3, 2008

~Rain - Rain - Rain~

Okay, Enough already. We have had constant rain since Monday evening about 9 or so and still now it is RAINING!!!!! We are about to float away here.. We are having really strong wind to go with this rain. It blew hard enough it blew my swing and frame off the front porch yesterday afternoon. Luckily it did not hurt either one, the frame came apart, but Bruce says it is not hurt. I am very thankful for that. I think we have had about 6 or 7 inches of rain since it started.. I drove through water twice in less than 1/2 mile to get to the hwy. There is some major flooding going on here. Then to top it off, we lost power about 1 or so this morning. So, now power, no automatic garage door,, boo hoo... Spoiled, you got that right. I had to manually raise the door, then drive out and get out and manually CLOSE the door. When I got back in the Yukon to leave, I realized I did not have my glasses on, so I had to find my way to the back door, pouring down rain, unlock the door and feel my way around the house to my glasses. By the time I left, I was drenched. I have called the power company and we may get power back tonite around 9 or so, oh well, I guess I can live with that. At least I do not live in Louisiana, where they may be out of power for the next 2 weeks or so. I like to visit there, but I don't think you could pay me enough to live there. I don't mind rain, but it would be AWESOME, if it would rain only at night and be pretty during the day... Oh well, my grass needs the rain. Just glad we did not put out fertilize on it this weekend.

Just heard the rain is supposed to stop sometime early tomorrow and be pretty through the weekend.. Yeah..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the rain and the fall like weather, have to admit though the rain here is pretty crazy compared to California!

Hope your power is back on soon. I get nervous every time ours flickers now, since we lost it for three days last winter. (Most of our friends down here lost theirs for weeks in that ice storm)

Kenny said...

We'll take some rain...Send us some

Nana said...

Just heard we may get as much as
10" before it is over... I will be FLOATING. Guess I need to get out the boat.. Wish I could send you some Ken,,, It is only about 68 here today. Kinda cool for first of Sept. in AR..

Anonymous said...

OOOOH I love to hear rain falling and the wind blowing. But not that long or that much. I very well recall the flooded roads in Arkansas, always when a hurricane hit the southern states we had more rain or wind or both. Funny I never understood how a storm in La. could cause Arkansas to have rain, now I see completely, I guess I understand weather patterns more. And I grew up, and Yes we need RAIN badly, still dry here.